I am in love with a boy
We open ourselves like thick oak doorways,
But I was not unlocked.
"I never wanted something safe
I wanted something of a storm
With raging feelings and hands that can’t keep off each other
I never wanted quite nights talking about our favorite movies
I wanted spontaneous visits and our bodies intertwined.
I didn’t want somber apologies
I wanted you to make sure I treated you right
I wanted you to fight for me,
I never wanted you to leave me behind
I needed something that made my insides combust with what felt like a universe exploding in me"
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."
"…We only obsess over relationships that feel unfinished."
"Some days you’re going to feel entirely made of flaws, defeated, confused about your journey, and maybe struggling to just get though the day. Remember that the path to your goals is rarely direct; When others misunderstand, or lose faith in you, keep the faith in yourself, be at peace with all your imperfections, and never lose sight of hope - or the idea that your own undiscovered dreams can one day become a reality."
"If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend?"